.

  • Latest News

    WRONG COUNSEL MADE ME INVEST N2MILLION IN DRUG TRAFFICKING – SUSPECT

    A 44 year-old man who was arrested by anti-narcotic agents with 1.185kg cocaine has blamed his indulgence on wrong counsel, disclosing that he invested N2 million in the botched trip to China.
    The suspect, Chibude Chidi, who reportedly ingested the drugs was arrested during an outward screening of passengers on Qatar flight at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforncement Agency,NDLEA.

    During preliminary investigation, the Enugu state born suspect according to the NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Mr Hamza Umar , was discovered to have sold his property back in Enugu and invested the proceeds into drug traficking.

    During interrogation, Chiditold operatives that : ” I am married with a child. I used to sell clothes and my business was flourishing in 2007. My problem started in 2008 such that I lost all my three big shops. I see it as a spiritual attack because I lost everything I had laboured to acquire over the years. I sold the only property I have in Enugu with the hope of relocating to Lagos.

    “Unfortunately, I listened to wrong advice from friends by investing my last savings in cocaine business. They assured me that I could earn twice the amount I invested in the deal but I am regretting my action now”.

    When asked if he was aware that drug trafficking attracts capital punishment in China, his destination country, the suspect replied: ” I never thought of it.

    My entire attention was on the four million naira profits I would have made from my trip. I am so worried about my wife and daughter now” ,he stated as he tried not to betyray his emotion.

    Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade who described drug trafficking as criminal, warned that those who seek wealth from criminality would end up in prison.

    He informed that : “NDLEA is combating drug trafficking with every resource at its disposal. Drug trafficking is criminal and the gains of a drug-free society is priceless” .

    The NDLEA boss added that the suspect’s case was particularly instructive because the money invested into drug trafficking would have led to his untimely death if he was caught in China, adding that the suspect would be charged to court soon.



    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: WRONG COUNSEL MADE ME INVEST N2MILLION IN DRUG TRAFFICKING – SUSPECT Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blessing
    Do You Have Articles, Advert Or Music You Want To Promote... Contact Us:- Whatsapp/Call: +2348143045485, BBM: 590B1DC3, Email: 234todayblog@gmail.com
    Scroll to Top