.

  • Latest News

    Idris Elba ~ I nearly Die On Set In Ghana

    Hollywood star and famed British actor, Idris Elba almost died on set while filming scenes for his latest movie Beasts Of No Nation.

    The 43-year-old actor was on set in a tense scene near a waterfall in Ghana when he slipped off a rock and the branch of a tree he held onto snapped.

    Recalling the incident while filming the Netflix film Beasts of No Nation, in which he plays the warlord Commandant, Elba told The Jonathan Ross Show: “I nearly died … We decided to do this waterfall scene where all these child soldiers were walking behind this massive waterfall.

    “I put my foot on this rock just to hang out and chill out while they were setting up and as I’m doing that it’s slippery, obviously.I slip… I put my hand on this tree – it’s not a tree, it’s a branch. It snaps and I go literally about six feet before I go bang over and I got caught by the security guy!” he shared

    Netflix purchased worldwide rights to the film, directed by Cary Fukunaga and starring Idris Elba as a sadistic warlord, for $12m (£7.8m). It furthers the streaming media company’s strategy to release high-profile, exclusive films.

    Beasts of No Nation is the first of many high-profile projects by Netflix. Brad Pitt will appear in the military satire War Machine and Adam Sandler’s controversial comedy-western The Ridiculous Six will be available on Netflix in December.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Idris Elba ~ I nearly Die On Set In Ghana Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blessing
    Do You Have Articles, Advert Or Music You Want To Promote... Contact Us:- Whatsapp/Call: +2348143045485, BBM: 590B1DC3, Email: 234todayblog@gmail.com
    Scroll to Top