.

  • Latest News

    Scorpions Invade Delta State University Campus

    Scorpions have invaded hostels in the Abraka Campus of the Delta State University.

    It was learnt that the invasion had created tension among the students. We learnt on Sunday that no fewer than three persons had so far been stung by scorpions.

    A 100-level student in the Medical and Surgery Department, identified as Ojanomare John, was one of the victims bitten by scorpion while he was preparing to attend a church programme.

    John said, “I was preparing to attend a church programme, so I went outside to pick the clothes I washed the previous day so that I could attend the church programme but as I put my leg inside the trouser, something bit me and I screamed in pains and discovered it was scorpion. I shouted for help and other students in other hostels came to help me.”

    John called on the school authority to clear the overgrown grasses.

    Another female student, Clara Ogbeh, who is resident in one of the hostels, narrated her ordeal.

    She said, “I was also stung by a scorpion last week and I was rushed to the hospital immediately where I was treated”.

    The institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Victor Peretomode, said the clearing of the overgrown weeds had been assigned to labourers, adding that the scorpions other reptiles would be killed in the process.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Scorpions Invade Delta State University Campus Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blessing
    Do You Have Articles, Advert Or Music You Want To Promote... Contact Us:- Whatsapp/Call: +2348143045485, BBM: 590B1DC3, Email: 234todayblog@gmail.com
    Scroll to Top