.

  • Latest News

    I Spent Stolen Money On Prostitutes And Indian Hemp – Suspect

    A 24-year-old suspected pickpocket, Taoreed Ashimiyu, has told officials of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) in Lagos that he used to spend all his ill-gotten money on prostitutes and alcohol. The suspect and his accomplice, Kayode Jolaade (34), were apprehended by RRS officials at the weekend.

    They were nabbed moments after they had removed three phones from commuters’ pockets at Maryland and Mile 12 in BRT buses. Ashimiyu said: “I have spent all the proceeds I made from stealing on prostitutes.

    I have not spent a dime from the proceeds I made from stealing on anything tangible. I womanise a lot and spend my money on both young and old ladies. I also smoke Indian hemp and drink beer.”

    The suspect said that he had already removed two mobile phones from commuters during rush hours at the Maryland bus stop and was attempting to steal a third phone when he was arrested. Ashimiyu said that if not for his partner in crime, Jolaade, he wouldn’t have been arrested.

    He said: “Before Kayode joined me at Maryland, I had stolen two phones successfully. When he joined me, we started moving together. I was unaware that people, who knew him as a pickpocket, were in the area monitoring him.

    “After I had successfully removed two phones from a victim’s pocket, I went to remove money from another victim. I never knew the people who saw us together were monitoring me too. I ran to join a moving BRT.

    As I was about to board the bus, I dipped my hand in someone’s pocket. The man was trying to assist me to board the bus. Immediately I took his phone, I jumped down.” Ashimiyu said that immediately he jumped down from the bus, some people ran after him.

    According to him, he was dashing across the road, determined to outrun his pursuers, when he was knocked down by a truck. The suspect said that he was arrested unconscious. His partner, Jolaade, said that he was lured into crime, after he lost his job as a private security guard in a firm.

    He said: “I was once a security guard. I tried all means to get a new job but to no avail. Then, I chose to be following pickpockets to hide their stolen phones and other items.” Jolaade said that he regretted his actions. The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the story. She said the suspects would be charged too.

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: I Spent Stolen Money On Prostitutes And Indian Hemp – Suspect Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blessing
    Do You Have Articles, Advert Or Music You Want To Promote... Contact Us:- Whatsapp/Call: +2348143045485, BBM: 590B1DC3, Email: 234todayblog@gmail.com
    Scroll to Top