.

  • Latest News

    Beauty Queen's Skin Fell Off After Horrific Reaction To Eye Drops [Graphic photos]

    A BEAUTY queen nearly died after she suffered a rare reaction to eye drops that made her skin fall off.

    Marian Adejokun, 24, was left in a coma for a month after the one-in-a-million illness, known as Stevens-Johnson syndrome.

    The reaction caused the top layer of her skin to shed and die - causing her mum to say she "looked like Freddy Krueger" from the horror film Nightmare on Elm Street.

    Mum Remi Adejokun said: "I hate to say that but there were so many blisters her skin was just tearing off.

    "I looked at her and I was so scared she was going to burst open. I saw death knocking at my daughter's door, all because of an eye drop."

    The top layer of Marian's skin died and shed after the horror reaction

    The nightmare began five years ago when Marian, from Thornton Heath, south London, complained of an itchy eye, and her GP directed her to the chemist for some eye drops.

    She woke up the following morning with lumps all over her body and was rushed to hospital, where her skin began to shed.

    Marian was soon after put into a medically induced coma, and doctors told her mum she may not survive the ordeal.

    The brave young woman, who once came second in a Miss Teen Africa beauty pageant, said: "Unknown to me, I had a rare, deadly allergy to eye drops and shockingly, after using it, all of my skin peeled off from head to toe."

    She later recovered from the illness and went on to complete a degree in early childhood studies at the University of Roehampton.

    Marian added: "I am so happy to be alive and share my unique story.

    Marian's nightmare began when she used eyedrops

    "No matter what the struggles may be, one has to believe in themselves and have a positive attitude towards life.

    "I see my story as a positive one. I believe this will inspire a lot of youths to be grateful for what they have.

    "Even more so, to fulfil their purpose in life and be a blessing to someone else. My motto is 'believe in yourself and follow your dreams'."

    The inspiring woman has even gone on to pen two books about her life to motivate others, titled My Life Is Not My Own and ReachOut2All.

    Marian has now written inspirational books and does community work with youngsters in Croydon

    Following her discharge from hospital five years ago, Marian, said: "When I was in the intensive care unit, crying in pain, all I thought of was coming home.

    "I've overcome a lot of in my life. Losing my skin because of an eye drop is just another obstacle I've made it through."



    Ayomide toolz

    Blogger: Ayomide toolz

    I am a Writer, Blogger and a make up artist. All about me is entertainment. . . You want to know more about me ? Follow me on Ig - Midetoolz , twitter: @MideToolz  BBM pin - 55E496EF 


    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    2 comments:

    1. this is a wrong story,get your information correct before you start saying the wrong things. Marian and Mariah are sisters. the reaction happened to Marian. Mariah is the one that is a beauty queen!"!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. this is a wrong story,get your information correct before you start saying the wrong things. Marian and Mariah are sisters. the reaction happened to Marian. Mariah is the one that is a beauty queen!"!!!

      ReplyDelete

    Item Reviewed: Beauty Queen's Skin Fell Off After Horrific Reaction To Eye Drops [Graphic photos] Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Blessing
    Do You Have Articles, Advert Or Music You Want To Promote... Contact Us:- Whatsapp/Call: +2348143045485, BBM: 590B1DC3, Email: 234todayblog@gmail.com
    Scroll to Top